Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Funk

This ragweed crap has been kicking my ass for the past couple days, and Lincoln has had Croup, which is a nasty virus that comes complete with a barking couch that sounds terrifying, extreme congestion and of course a lot of fussiness and fatigue. This has been going on since last Tuesday (so...a week now). Lincoln went to the doctor twice last week and per doctors orders, I have been pumping him full of Mucinex, Tylenol, Benadryl and Vick's Vapo-rub. Poor kid.  He scared me so bad with his cough and inability to breathe on Saturday night that we called the on call doctor at 2:30 am.  And here I was feeling all smug that my baby might not get sick very often because of the breastfeeding. Wrong.

Just when supermom was needed the most, the ragweed kicked in and gave me a terrible sore throat, gunk, headache and fatigue.  The 2-3 hours of Lincoln's wake time never seemed to drag so much than when I am sick.  I usually enjoy it very much and try to fill it with as much cuddle time, reading and playtime as I can. However, he is a fairly clingy baby in general and especially when he is sick, so he has been more hands on than ever.  No rest for the weary.

My sister in law let us borrow this awesome thing called a 'Jumperoo'. I call it the 'command center' because its a swivel chair on springs surrounded by an activity center. He loves it and I thought that it would help me be able to get some stuff done around the house while he played in it but when I go out of his view he freaks out.  As I am about to start working (tomorrow, I am going in to do a refresher for myself and to figure out how to get the giant, heavy machines off of their mounts and onto the floor) I hope that he will be ok with the new set of childcare ladies at our new YMCA. I will only be doing 30 minute sessions tomorrow, Thursday and all next week. It should be a nice gradual transition. I just hope we are both back to 100% by then. No one likes a snotty baby...or Pilates instructor for that matter.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no. Poor baby! Best of luck to both of you getting better. I know the feeling. Ragweed has been kicking my ass also. :(

    ReplyDelete